Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Lure

Anthony here, coming to you direct from our living room after a delicious dinner of fish and chips.  I'll conveniently forget to mention the green beans that I messed up on...they were very forgettable.

The open road.  Wait, let me correct that: The Open Road.  It's been a constant lure for me ever since I got my first motorcycle (still have it, in fact) way back in 2001.  Travel by car was interesting to me prior to that time, but I always associated it with road trips with the whole family and most of those were directly to my grandparent's houses in north-eastern Iowa.  For the folks that haven't hit that popular tourist destination and driven along the Mississippi, it actually is a fairly interesting drive.  Of course it's not exactly like driving up and down the famous Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) through the gap between Los Angeles and San Francisco, but it's still quite beautiful in it's own way.

Anyway, I have spent a lot of time on the road over the winding course of my life, and I have to admit, I'm proud that I like it.  I sometimes complain and very occasionally get sick of dealing with traffic in the auto or wind blast when I'm on a motorcycle, but I get over it fairly quickly and the blacktop's draw is back.  This song sums it up, or at least hits it pretty close.  I've never drank with grifters in Vienna.

The ever lovely Chelsé made this image at exactly 62mph somewhere north and east of San Diego on a recent two-up motorcycle adventure.  That's my giant dome blocking the right side of the frame.




We're getting back to real sessions with real people, I promise.