Monday, April 11, 2011

Most of All



One of my favorite part of the day is waking up in the morning. Unromantically, it's usually not to boyo's lovingly smiling face, because he's up and about before I am about 95% of the time. It's the first encounter or kiss in the morning. There was a story someone told me a while ago about a Husband and Wife who were together for 50+ years and someone asked them their secret. Their secret, they said, was to fall asleep entangled in each other. Even on the nights the were fighting and the times they couldn't stand each other. Because, they said, it made them realize that they were still there for each other, no matter what they went through. THAT was a marriage and that's all there was to it.

Now, I had my doubts about it, but even touching every night while falling asleep makes a big difference. Anyhow.

When Anthony and I wake up in the mornings, we hug as though we haven't seen each other in a long time. I don't know why we do this or how this was started. It's our time, our moment of connection so that even if we don't see each other through the rest of the day, we have that and will have that tomorrow.

And coffee. <3

I don't know if this is a secret to success. I don't know if one day, we'll stop! But for now, this is us and we're happy. Hear that, Thunderclouds?! We're Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment